Thursday 2 October 2008

I think I might be in love...

...With this pattern. Oh my.

It's not often I fall for envelope patterns. Whenever I browse the main catalogues, I remember the stash of patterns I have tucked away in my stack of magazines. Blouses, skirts, tops? It's rare that I can't find something in BWOF that I love more and that, crucially, I already have.

This, on the other hand, may well be sneaking its way into my collection. Why? Well, just look at that skirt. And the lines of that jacket. I need a fancy schamcy suit (why? I'm not certain), and this might just be the One.

The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the sleeves. I'm not 100% about those flounces. But then they do sort of echo the peplum.

One other point in its favour? It doesn't look like it would take a lot of fabric for the entire suit. Three metres according to the fabric table on the Vogue site. That can't be right, surely?

___

In other news, I've resubscribed to chrysalisfabrics.co.uk. I subscribed for a year a while back, and while they had some lovely fabrics, I never quite managed to bite the bullet and order anything. I'm now trying to aim for better quality fabric, so we might be better for each other. Their prices range from about £8 t0 £25, which isn't too eyewatering, and I think I've already fallen in love with one of the samples on their site. And no, I'm not going to tell you which one.

No comments: