Saturday 6 September 2008

BWOF 07/07 - Skirt - It worked!


My ploy worked... more or less. So, what did I do? I raised the elastic casing, placing it higher up to take care of the excess fabric (I think by 7 cm). That helped a lot, but there was still a bit of bunching, so I also increased the length of the elastic by about 2 inches, which made the bunching far less obvious. Inat the photo it seems to be swinging to the right a little, but that might just be the way I'm standing.
It also made the skirt less tight-fitting, which should be good as it felt almost skin-tight before. I should have remembered to sew the lining fabric with smaller seam allowances, since that probably had less give than the wool suiting.
I'll try to wear it this week to work, probably with an untucked top at first to see how it sits.


I clearly haven't mastered the art of tucking in my sjirt, so please ignore the bunching around my waist. I usually wear tops untucked anyway.

On the whole I'm happy with how it's turned out.
My review of this pattern can be found here

No comments: