Friday 26 September 2008

On the subject of zips...

I've been googling for ways of improving the top of my invisible zips -- most tutorials only seem to cover the actual insertion. While that's certainly something I could probably improve, that's all down to accuracy rather than not knowing now to insert them.

The details on finishing the zip of the zip and attaching a facing are usually pretty vague.

I have just found an interesting tip here on www.isew.co.uk. Scroll down to tip number 9. It suggests using a longer zip and intersting it with the tab above the seam for the waistband. In other words you sew underneath the little plastic tab. Makes sense to me, and I'll try that next time.

I'd also like to branch out into other types of zip, because it seems like the only zips I sew are invisible and fly zips. Actually, what do I mean 'seems'? They ARE the only ones I sew.

No comments: