Monday 8 September 2008

What's Next?


This is a coat for Paul, which I hope to be making in a brown wool coating with a faint pinstripe. I'm making a muslin (not something I often do, I must admit), and I've already got the fabric for that. I traced out the pieces at the weekend and I'm ready to start cutting (and sewing).

I'm making a muslin partly because of the expense of the fabric and partly because I'm not certain that we'll like the jacket on him when it's made up.

The original jacket in the magazine was leather, but there's also a coat that uses the same basic pattern which is made up in wool coating. This is going to be a long-term project, I think, although I hope to get it made up before the dread cold of winter sets in.


Link to BWOF

Not so much 'what next' as 'what now', since I made a start on it yesterday and now have it almost sewn up. It's quite a quick project. Is it a successful one? I'm not sure yet, but it's not Autumn sewing, that's for sure. Maybe that's why I feel like I haven't made the best match of fabric to pattern, because my head is filled with charcoal greys and wool and coat patterns.

No comments: