Monday 22 September 2008

Newport News

I have Melody of Crazed Sewer to thank for this fascinating wardrobing link. It was 'Neiman Marcus Taste, Newport News Budget' that drew my attention.

It's all about Newport News.It's a clothing catalogue based in the US. (No affiliations here btw -- I haven't shopped there and I try to avoid ordering items from abroad so it's unlikely that I ever will.)

Their catalogue and online site has a feature called '10 Items, 10 Ways', in which they spotlight ten garments they sell and ten outfits put together using those garments. I LOVE this sort of thing as inspiration for SWAP, seeing the way outfits are put together with a certain number of basics. It's the sort of thing I buy magazines for, only they never really fulfil my expectations. These are especially good as they're work-appropriate.

So inspiring. Now all I need is fabric.

No comments: